FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Canadian Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (CAILBA) has been organized by agencies who understand that some things which must be done to protect and improve the place of life brokerage agencies in the socio-economic system, must be done collectively.
- Single voice for MGAs across Canada
- Current event updates and industry developments
- A Platform for inquiries and timely expert responses
- Use of informational materials and the Compliance Toolbox
- To foster and expand the responsible and effective distribution of life and health insurance and related financial services for the benefit of the brokers, agents, companies and consumers that are serviced by agencies;
- To increase the knowledge of members regarding the lawful, efficient and profitable applications of technology and systems for agency management;
- To promote practices, regulations, and legislation in the best interest of life brokerage agencies, producing agents and to better serve consumers;
- To provide a legally constituted medium through which members may deal with common concerns and co-ordinate their collective efforts;
- To work with other organizations in the interest of the insurance industry.
- An established licensed life brokerage agency selling life and health insurance, primarily through life insurance agents or brokers. This membership includes Independent MGAs and Corporate MGAs.
INDUSTRY SUPPLIER MEMBERSHIP
- A Life Insurance Company or Supplier to the industry shall be eligible for Industry Supplier membership. Industry Solutions Provider
INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS PROVIDER MEMBERSHIP
- All Industry Stakeholders that provide services to the industry shall be eligible to apply for membership as an Industry Solutions Provider
- Recognized as an industry non-profit/association or regulatory body. Or, an affiliate Financial Institution to an existing Carrier Member, or Financial Institution offering other products or services to MGA’s
Industry Suppliers across Canada
Solution Providers and Industry Stakeholders
|Membership Category||Membership Fee|
|Industry Solutions Provider||$3,125|
- Membership applications must be submitted electronically to the CAILBA Office.
- The acceptance of any individual as a member in any category is subject to review and approval by the Board of Directors of the Association.
- Approval within 5 to 10 business days after membership application is submitted.
- After Board approval is bestowed, appropriate membership fee must be submitted to the CAILBA office electronically or via cheques prior to admission to CAILBA membership.
- Membership is per company, so you may register as many employee representatives as you like once your membership application has been approved.
- Application fees will be pro-rated.
- All cheques made payable to CAILBA.
- Send cheques to: CAILBA, 105 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1G6.