THE CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT LIFE BROKERAGE AGENCIES (CAILBA) MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
CAILBA members adhere to the following principles:
1. Excellence in Service
• Helping producers serve their customers through access to top-ranked insurers’ products and services and our commitment to support services and training.
• Helping insurers serve their customers through access to qualified and competent intermediaries and excellence in execution of marketing, compliance and administrative support services.
2. Integrity in all of our dealings
• Operating our businesses in a manner that meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements.
• Engaging only in fair and lawful business practices.
• Contributing to consumer protection through our activities.
• Setting the standard for MGAs in Canada.
• Maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Upholding the traditions and values of the life insurance business.
• Protecting the confidentiality of information entrusted to us and the privacy of the individuals who provide it.
5. Financial prudence and sound business practices through excellent risk management, including:
• Strict compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to the contracts we hold with insurers.
• Maintenance of appropriate corporate E&O coverage.
• Careful due diligence in screening producers and monitoring their activities.
6. Promoting best practices within our businesses, with producers and within our industry.
7. Respectful use of CAILBA logo, informing CAILBA on the intended use which may be subject to approval.