Frequently Asked Questions
- Promote the transparent, ethical and fair treatment of consumers, brokers and all members alike
- Adhere to uniform industry standards in all aspects of their operations with a keen focus on safeguarding data, compliance, education, and efficient processing of information.
- Lobby, educate and collaborate with regulators, government bodies and industry stakeholders to ensure growth and stability in the brokerage community
- We are the unified voice for MGAs across Canada
- We are a platform where connections, inspiration and ideas are forged
- We built the Compliance Toolbox for our MGA members
- We submit expert responses to legislative, policy and regulatory papers
- We offer the only gathering of independent MGA’s, Suppliers, Vendors and Partners
As a CAILBA member, you will be directly involved in shaping important issues to keep the MGA
community strong and united in the face of industry changes. CAILBA gives you the invaluable
opportunity to network with member companies through CAILBA’s seminars and speak face-
to-face to members and industry experts at the annual CAILBA National Conference & AGM.
- To foster and expand the responsible and effective distribution of life and health insurance and related financial services for the benefit of the brokers, agents, companies and consumers that are serviced by agencies;
- To increase the knowledge of members regarding the lawful, efficient and profitable applications of technology and systems for agency management;
- To promote practices, regulations, and legislation in the best interest of life brokerage agencies, producing agents and to better serve consumers;
- To provide a legally constituted medium through which members may deal with common concerns and co-ordinate their collective efforts;
- To work with other organizations in the interest of the insurance industry.
- An established licensed life brokerage agency selling life and health insurance, primarily through life insurance agents or brokers. This membership includes Independent MGAs and Corporate MGAs.
INDUSTRY SUPPLIER MEMBERSHIP
- A Life Insurance Company or Supplier to the industry shall be eligible for Industry Supplier membership.
INDUSTRY VENDOR MEMBERSHIP
- All Industry Stakeholders that provide services to the industry shall be eligible to apply for membership as an Industry Vendor.
INDUSTRY AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP
- Recognized as an industry non-profit/association or regulatory body. Or, an affiliate Financial Institution to an existing Supplier Member, or Financial Institution offering other products or services to MGA’s
- All MGA firms operating in Canada
- Industry Suppliers across Canada
- Industry Vendors and Industry Stakeholders across Canada
|Membership Category||Membership Fee|
- Membership applications must be submitted electronically to the CAILBA Office.
- The acceptance of any individual as a member in any category is subject to review and
approval by the Board of Directors of the Association.
- Approval within 5 to 10 business days after membership application is submitted.
- After Board approval is bestowed, appropriate membership fee must be submitted to the
CAILBA office via wire or ETF transfer prior to admission to CAILBA membership.
- Membership is per company, so you may register as many employee representatives as you like once your membership application has been approved.